The ET1 Builder provides an easy to use interface for your disability discrimination claim in the Employment Tribunal. Use the ET1 Builder to help you correctly and professionally write your claim and;
- Prove to the Employment Tribunal that your employer discriminated against you because of your disbaility.
- Place your facts within the statutory tests for direct discrimination, indirect discrimination, reasonable adjustments, harassment and/or victimisation.
- Show that your employer discriminated against you;
- in your terms of employment -section 39(2)(a) EQA
- in the way your employer gives you access, or by not giving you access to opportunities for promotion, transfer or training or for receiving any other benefit, facility or service - section 39(2)(b) EQA
- by dismissing you - section 39(2)(c) EQA
- by subjecting you to any other detriment - section 39(2)(d) EQA
See: Discrimination Claims (ET Case Writer)
Your case is started when you present your case on the approved form which is known as the ET1 Claim Form. You must complete this form correctly or your claim will be rejected. The most important part of your claim are your “Grounds of Complaint”. This where you apply legal principles to the facts of your case. If you get this wrong, you lose your case. The ET1 Builder helps complete the claim form correctly and set out your claim so that the Employment Tribunal understands what you want to say and the legal principles that apply to your case. With guidance and resources, it helps you go step by step through legal principles in easy to understand language, and provides you with strategies and knowledge about your Employer’s defence with tools to pre-empt and prepare. You can save and return to it later. When you have finished, you can download it to your desktop ready to send to the Employment Tribunal. Members can access the ET1 Builder as part of their Membership. Free users must pay to access the ET1 Builder.