Posted on: Jun 01,2020
The Government has announced the next stages of the Furlough Scheme. Here is a summary of the main changes:
– June-July 2020 – employers do not have to contribute to the Furlough Scheme.
– August 2020 – employers must make National Insurance and Pension Contributions
– September 2020 – employers must make National Insurance and Pension Contributions as well as 10% of the furlough pay of their workers
– October 2020 – employers must make National Insurance and Pension Contributions as well as 20% of the furlough pay of their workers
– November 2020 – end of Furlough Scheme
The Furlough Scheme ends for new applicants on 30th June 2020. The final date by which anyone can be furloughed for the first time is 10th June 2020. From 1st July 2020, it will only be available for workers who have been previously furloughed. Employers will have until 31st July 2020 to make any claims for the period up to 30th June 2020.
Flexible Furlough comes in from 1st July 2020. If you are on furlough, you can return to work part-time, and still receive your normal full time wages. Your employer will be responsible for tax and National Insurance but can claim the furlough grant for the hours that you are not working, calculated by reference to their usual hours worked in a claim period.
The information and content on this website is provided for general information purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal or other professional advice. Legal information or content on this website relates only to the laws of England and Wales. You should not take any actions based on information found on this website without first seeking appropriate legal advice with respect to your specific matter. No representations or warranties are made about the suitability, currentness, comprehensiveness and/or accuracy of the information and other content contained on this website. It should be noted that legal information and content can rapidly become out of date and we give no undertaking to keep this website up to date. All liability for any loss or damage of any kind which may be suffered as a result of accessing and using the information and/or content of this website is hereby excluded to the full extent permitted by law.