• Find us on:

How to complete the Employment Tribunal Claim Form (ET1) (1 month)

Your case is started when you (the Claimant) send your case against your Employer (the Respondent) to the Employment Tribunal Service either online or by post. Your case is called a “claim”, and you present it on the approved form which is known as the ET1 form. The ET1 must be completed correctly or the Employment Tribunal will strike out your claim. This page shows you how to fill in the form correctly.


It is compulsory for you to submit your problem for ACAS Early Conciliation before you start your Employment Tribunal Claim.  You can only submit your case after you have been given a Conciliation Certificate by ACAS.


The information and content on this website is provided for general information purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal or other professional advice. Legal information or content on this website relates only to the laws of England and Wales. You should not take any actions based on information found on this website without first seeking appropriate legal advice with respect to your specific matter. No representations or warranties are made about the suitability, currentness, comprehensiveness and/or accuracy of the information and other content contained on this website. It should be noted that legal information and content can rapidly become out of date and we give no undertaking to keep this website up to date. All liability for any loss or damage of any kind which may be suffered as a result of accessing and using the information and/or content of this website is hereby excluded to the full extent permitted by law.